Paypal for online application

FRANK LANZA MIGRATION SERVICES is happy to announce that we have now started accepting Paypal payments for online applications for our services via in order to provide everyone who needs our consultation online with a convenient payment method.

If you have any further questions relating to the method, please contact us at








New office

Frank Lanza migration services has relocated.

Our new office is located upstairs at Travel Town next to the Corporate Tower on Lake street.

View Larger Map


Frank Lanza Migration Services

Level 2 Travel Town  21 Lake Street, Cairns QLD 4870 Australia.



 (07) 4031 6676 (In Australia)

+61 7 4031 6676 (International)

Working Hours:

Zone: GMT +10:00

Monday to Friday: 9am – 5pm

Saturday: Closed

Sunday: Closed

Public holidays: Closed


New Visa Charges for 1 July 2013

Australian visa label

New visa pricing arrangements will be introduced on 1 July 2013. This will change visa application charges from a single charge at the time of application to a charge per applicant in an individual or combined application.  This change will obviously affect not only new visa applicants but also temporary visa holders hugely.


Read more »

FAQ on Employing non-Australian citizens

Visa Entitlement VerificationIt is the responsibility of all businesses to employ legal workers. Legal workers are Australian citizens, permanent residents and non-citizens with Australian visas that allow them to work.

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship provides a free online service so organisations can check if people are allowed to work. The following frequently asked questions may help businesses understand how to hire legal workers. Read more »

Temporary Work subclass 457 visa changes

Frank LanzaRecently, the Temporary Work visa has been in the spotlight of the national media. Both the Prime Minister and Opposition Leader have commented on proposed changes to the visa requirements. But despite the widespread media coverage, there is little concrete information about what will change.

The 457 visa is for skilled workers from outside Australia who have been sponsored and nominated by a business to work in Australia on a temporary basis. (Previously this visa was called a ‘business visa’). The government argues that changes are needed to stop businesses bringing workers to Australia who will take the jobs of Australians and will be paid less than an Australian employee would be paid. These changes are due to take effect from 1 July 2013. Read more »

Strengthening the integrity of the 457 program

457 visaOn 23 February 2013, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced a number of reforms to the subclass 457 program. These reforms are aimed at strengthening the Department of Immigration and Citizenship’s capacity to identify and prevent employer practices that are not in keeping with the criteria of the subclass 457 program.

The measures being brought forward include: Read more »

Investor Retirement Visa

Frank LanzaHow about spending your retirement in Australia! It is as close to paradise as you can get!

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship offers to those who wish to retire in Australia the Investor Retirement visa (Subclass 410). If you do not have dependants and have sufficient funds and income, then this visa if for you.

If allows an applicant to come to Australia for up to four (4) years with their partner and even work up to 40 hours a fortnight, should they wish to do so. Read more »

Employment outcomes for skilled migrants

Employment advertisementThe unemployment rate of skilled migrants was just 5 per cent (a figure below the 5.7 per cent national unemployment rate) and their participation rate was 95 per cent. The vast majority of skilled migrants have therefore in a short period of time become active participants in the Australian labour market. The positive impact that this has on the workforce becomes more evident when one considers that only 65 per cent of Australia’s working age population are actually in the workforce.

Males performed better in the labour market than females. Although males and females had comparable unemployment and participation rates and a similar chance of finding skilled work there was a large earning differential – with males having full-time earnings that were almost $12,000 more than females. Read more »

Queensland welcomes Business Investors

Frank LanzaQueensland welcomes Business Investors and facilitates their entry into Australia by sponsoring them under the following visas:

Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) (subclass 188) visa

The subclass 188 is a state sponsored provisional visa with no minimum English requirement. It is valid for 4 years. This visa is a pathway to the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) (subclass 888) visa. Read more »

Introduction of the Visa Evidence Charge

Australian visa labelFrom 24 November 2012, visa holders will need to pay a Visa Evidence Charge (VEC) of $70 AUD to have a visa label placed in their passport. The charge is being introduced as part of the user-pays initiatives and to encourage the use of online immigration services.

Do I need a visa label in my passport?

No. Australian authorities do not require a visa label in your passport to travel to, or enter or remain in Australia. All Australia bound international commercial airlines and cruise ships are required to verify with Australian authorities that you have an Australian visa before you travel to Australia. Information on your visa status and entitlements is available on the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system. Read more »